Ingredients list for the Tomato Spinach Shrimp Pasta
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz (220g) medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika or more, to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 6 oz fresh spinach
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz (220g) penne or spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons high quality olive oil, optional
Download your Tomato spinach shrimp pasta recipe card with nutrition info!
1. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large skillet, on medium-low heat. Add shrimp, red pepper flakes, paprika, Italian seasoning and salt in the skillet and cook on medium heat until shrimp is grilled cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
2. In the same skillet, add chopped tomatoes, chopped fresh basil leaves, fresh spinach, and chopped garlic. Cook on medium heat about 3- 5 minutes until spinach wilts just a little and tomatoes release some of their juice. Remove from heat and adjust seasoning, if needed. Cover with a lid and keep off heat.
3. Cook pasta according to package instructions, until al dente. Drain pasta and add to the skillet with the tomatoes and spinach. Reheat on low heat, mix everything well, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
4. Once pasta and veggies are off heat, add grilled shrimp back and drizzle with good quality olive oil just before serving, for an extra taste. Serve the shrimp pasta immediately, enjoy!
Notes: Keep pasta al dente because they will soak up a bit of the sauce. Also don’t overcook shrimp at the beginning, otherwise they will dry up.
Download your Tomato spinach shrimp pasta recipe card to save!
- Read easily and store in your tablet
- Print in a breeze and keep in your recipes binder
- Track your calories count with the nutrition info